Wednesday 26 March 2008

We're coming home!!!

I am so, so happy to say that we are coming home!!! After four years, I am finally going to be able to go to a pub for a cold beer and fish & chips, drive on the right (ie, CORRECT!) side of the road, and hear my own accent again.


Well, actually, it may not be such a familiar accent. I had to call a tour company in Australia last night, and the girl I spoke to sounded so weird. As she was talking, I thought to myself, "Did I ever sound like that??"


Right now, here is the list of MUST DO's:


1. Go to a bakery as soon as the plane lands. Order a pie, custard tart and iced coffee.


2. Go to Coles. Buy Cherry Ripes, licorice bullets, raspberry cordial, Cheezels, Minties, Snakes Alive, Lift lemon squash, and try not to eat them all in the first day!


3. Go to the Anzac Day Dawn Service.


4. Go to the beach.


5. Go to the Art Gallery in Adelaide and look for my favourite paintings.


6. Go back to Coles and buy lots and lots of lollies and chocolate to hoard when I come back to America. )-:




So, here is the rough plan of what we're doing: We'll spend time on the Sunshine Coast with family, then fly up to Darwin. We're joining a camping tour around Kakadu, then down to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock, before flying down to Adelaide. Will be spending most of our time in Adelaide, before flying to Sydney for a day or two, then back to the U.S.


Ok, so after re-reading this post, it's ridiculously disjointed. But that just shows how excited I am!!! Can't wait to come home and see everyone again...

No comments: