Saturday 28 July 2007

Harry Potter fever!

This month has been wonderful for us Harry Potter fans...

First, I saw the movie when it opened in regular theatres, then a week later, saw it in IMAX 3-D, which was absolutely fantastic! Definitely worth travelling 2.5 hours to the movie theatre! Then, of course, the final book came out last weekend. I didn't want to buy an American version of the book (I'm holding out for an Australian one to match the rest of the set), so I've been conscientiously editing what I hear on the news about the final book. Amazingly, though, I found out that someone at work had bought one, but then gone on holidays this week. So, I borrowed their copy and read it in 3 days.

After reading that really exciting book, I'm now a little lost. The book I've started reading, about threatened languages around the world, really doesn't have the same thrill!

1 comment:

Trevor and Amy said...

Hi V
I've just finished reading the new Harry Potter as well. I actually finished it off this morning before I headed off to work which meant I was in a dreadful hurry! Like you, I am now at a loss. I was reading a book on Auschwitz....not really looking forward to going back to that now. Glad to hear your hair's growing back. Hopefully see some pics of you up on your blog soon! Amy x